Delivering high-quality, secure media experiences requires more than just having a global network with massive scale. We are continually adding features and upgrading and enhancing our solutions to deliver the highest level of performance, reliability, and security to help our customers meet their business objectives. Here are some areas where we’ve made significant technological steps forward during the first half of the year.
- We refreshed the API documentation for our delivery and streaming products.
- Rules Engine v4 APIs
- Our self-service configuration management tool now comes with a complete set of APIs, enabling customers to define how they want our CDN edge servers to cache and deliver their content.
- Real-Time Log Delivery (RTLD) APIs
- With RTLD raw logs describing your delivery network, traffic can be received in less than 60 seconds behind the edge request to the endpoint of your choice. And our new configuration APIs give our customers an efficient, flexible method for setting up and changing their RTLD settings.
- Now integrated with Azure Blob Storage for origin storage
- Industry-best pricing with no midgress charges.
- Seamless integration with our CDN.
- Create new or bring existing Azure Blob Storage account(s).
- Azure Blob Storage now supports our HTTP Large, HTTP Small and Application Delivery Network (ADN) platforms and is available to both new and existing customers.
- All-new WAF
- We released our new, proprietary, multitenant ModSecurity compatible WAF engine – waflz. Waflz is API-driven and consumes less memory.
- Once you protect your web applications and APIs with our new WAF, you will realize better web application performance with faster request analysis, more accurate targeting, and simpler implementation.
- Introduction of WAF Essential
- A cost-effective offering for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Provides enterprise-grade WAF with rate limiting and global layer 3/4 DDoS protection for one application.
Network Expansion & Optimization
- We continually invest in our delivery network, adapting it to the cloud, and expanding its capacity to ensure the best performance and reliability for our customers and their users. Today, our global delivery network has 82 Tbps of capacity, and we are quickly closing in on 100 Tbps!
- As an operator of a large global network that supports thousands of web applications and streaming media services, dealing with distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks is part of our day-to-day operations. Having a resilient and intelligent DDoS mitigation platform is essential to the operation of our network and to the web services that depend on it. Learn more about Stonefish, our anti-DDoS detection and mitigation platform, here.
- Maintaining quality at scale involves optimizing performance across every part of our tech stack. Learn how we eliminated virtually all packet drops (over 98% removed), improved performance health checks on our edge servers by 50%, and increased server capacity by up to 40%, here.
- At the O’Reilly Velocity Conference in San Jose, attendees tested our FaaS platform during a mini-hackathon.
- We also held a FaaS demo in our exhibit booth that showed attendees how fast and easy it is to develop and deploy a function at the edge.
If you have questions about these developments or would like to learn more about our comprehensive suite of delivery and security solutions, contact us today.