Going global with the world’s fastest-growing video content delivery network
The internet is expanding rapidly; global consumption of digital media is growing at unprecedented rates. In 2017, there were 3.8 billion internet users spanning every region of the world. That’s up 976.4 percent since 2000. At that rate, internet growth will outpace population growth. And the one dominant driver behind it all? Video.
Consumer demand for video is exploding. In 2021, 82 percent of all internet traffic will be video. As video continually drives internet growth, it’s important to find a video content delivery network (CDN) partner that can help you outpace internet video demands.
Solving the capacity conundrum with the fastest-growing video content delivery network built for media
As sites get bigger with more video, capacity requirements must keep up. Businesses that can’t cut it will be edged out while content owners and broadcasters of tomorrow leveraging a faster, global video content delivery network will be able to move ahead in getting their brand heard.
Verizon Digital Media Services’ video content delivery network is purpose-built for media, with the capacity, performance and scale necessary to deliver:
- Faster load times: 3,000 interconnects deployed in 6 continents means content is deployed closer to users at the edge
- High-quality video: Reduced buffering and higher bitrates ensure delivery of the highest-quality experiences
- Higher availability through scale: At 46 Tbps, we have the capacity to handle delivering the highest-quality experiences, and we are continuously investing in network expansion (over 200% from 2016 to 2017 alone!)
“We have exceeded expectations in scaling our network to meet today’s and tomorrow’s digital media delivery demands,” said Kyle Okamoto, chief network officer for VDMS. “We are wholly committed to continuing to invest and build out our CDN to ensure the best quality experience across gaming, application acceleration, eCommerce, media and entertainment and more.” You can read more about our global expansion plans here.
Going global with a faster, bigger, reliable video content delivery network
It’s simple. It takes the world’s fastest-growing video content delivery network to reach those 3.8 billion internet users around the globe. Our Edgecast CDN is built to stay a generation ahead and provides you with the reach and capacity you need for your business to outpace aggressive internet growth. A few feature highlights include:
- 12- to 18-month evolution cycles: By incorporating new technologies and address emerging challenges every 12 to 18 months, we always remain next-generation.
- Patented proprietary caching algorithm: When combined with centralized architecture and 125+ Super PoPs, our patented algorithm achieves over 95% cache-hit ratio.
- Optimized for object delivery: Our CDN is designed with unique strategies for the fast and high-quality delivery of dynamic content, as well as static objects.
Leading companies, including HuffPost, Lenovo and Rumble, rely on our Edgecast CDN to reach consumers around the world; you need to partner with the fastest-growing global video content delivery network that prioritizes media delivery, speed and performance to remain competitive during the video-driven internet boom.
To learn more about how our Edgecast CDN can help you scale your reach and deliver high-quality video on every screen, download our infographic.