Verizon Digital Media Services now offering Live Streaming Solution to simplify live streaming process
LOS ANGELES – Verizon Digital Media Services today announced the availability of its Live Streaming Solution, designed to remove the complexity and high costs for broadcasters, venues and event producers when streaming live content at scale. The launch of the Live Streaming Solution coincides with key enhancements to the Verizon Digital Media Services platform, including workflow enhancements in the Uplynk Video Streaming service, enhanced monitoring tools in Network Operations Centers in Los Angeles, California and Ashburn, Virginia, and the availability of a managed services team for day-of-show support.
“Many of the leading media and entertainment brands trust us to deliver hundreds of simultaneous, high-profile, live events on any given day,” said Ralf Jacob, president of Verizon Digital Media Services. “The key learnings derived from years of experience with the largest live streaming events are driving the improvements and offerings that we’re announcing today.”
Key features of the new Live Streaming Solution include:
- A cloud-based scheduler and an operator dashboard to provision encoders, manage live feeds, insert ad breaks and push slates in the Uplynk Video Streaming service.
- Publishing a single live-stream URL that transitions seamlessly between pre-event, live, post-event and VOD to greatly simplify the syndication of content to internal or third-party content management systems and apps.
- Automatic and instant creation of a VOD asset upon completion of the live event, without the need for re-encoding, which removes additional costs and delays.
- Real-time health monitoring and failover support for the Uplynk Video Streaming service’s Slicer application running onsite at the venue or at the point of origination.
- Continued expansion of the Edgecast content delivery network (CDN) with global reach, including recently announced points of presence (PoPs) in South America, India and Asia.
- End-to-end intelligence and insights, correlating viewing analytics with network performance.
- The ability to outsource day-of-show operations to the Verizon Digital Media Services live events operations staff.
“We offer a wide array of services for managing live events,” said Peter Gallagher, chief customer officer at Verizon Digital Media Services. “We have a full suite of self-service tools for customers that want to manage everything themselves, and for those customers with a large number of live events, we have an outsourced master control function that can interact directly with the venue.”
Already in use by major broadcaster customers, the Live Streaming Solution has powered thousands of live events this year ranging from small audiences to over a million concurrent viewers. Representatives from Verizon Digital Media Services will provide demonstrations of the Live Streaming Solution at the IBC convention in Amsterdam (Stand 14.C17) from Sept. 9–13. For more information on Verizon Digital Media Services’ platform, visit: https://www.verizondigitalmedia.com/.
About Verizon Digital Media Services
Verizon Digital Media Services is the industry’s only single, end-to-end digital media platform that can prepare, deliver, display and enable the monetization of online content. The platform is built on the world’s largest, most connected network, and has over 90 points of presence on five continents, ensuring high-quality viewing of digital content on any device, anytime, anywhere. The company provides the foundational components in the websites, apps and OTT video services for many of the world’s largest publishers, media companies and enterprises. Verizon Digital Media Services is part of AOL Inc. Learn more about how Verizon Digital Media Services continues to change the way the world watches at www.verizondigitalmedia.com.
VERIZON’S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts and other information are available at Verizon’s online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. The news releases are available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.