Unveiling Verizon Digital Media Services’ Next-Generation CDN at Velocity Santa Clara, CA 2016
Velocity is quickly approaching, and we can’t wait to see you there! This year’s event occurs June 21st in Santa Clara, CA and will continue through the 23rd. This event brings together smart folks doing cool stuff in web performance, web ops and DevOps.
Speaking of smart folks, Verizon Digital Media Services’ research scientist Harkeerat Bedi will be the keynote speaker on the panel “Jump-starting back-office connections”, which will take place on the second day of the conference. He will offer an overview of a groundbreaking tool that improves the efficiency of data-center-to-data-center communication by learning the congestion level of links in between.
Verizon Digital Media Services will be there, and we promise you we’ll be hard to miss. Don’t miss out on our super awesome claw machine. Did you say claw machine? Why yes, we did. So, if you want to test out your agility skills, be sure to give it a try and win some pretty cool prizes to go along with it. Just be on the lookout for a coupon for a chance to try out the claw. And if you’re one of the fortunate ones, use the force to capture a pigeon and carry him to safety. You may just win a Rasberry Pi or Sphero BB-8!
Let’s not forget about what the show’s really about though, and that’s the CDN. Since last year’s event, we’ve been really busy enhancing our CDN’s capabilities. So, be sure to stop by our booth to learn more. Here are the things that we’ve been up to:
- Rolled out our enterprise-grade Web Application Firewall that offers total control and visibility, much like our CDN. And just like with our CDN, you can control it with API. Read more about it in our blog.
- Rate Limiting that mitigates application layer DDoS attacks.
- Media Ingest that makes live streaming easier and faster.
- Released fourth-generation Rules Engine that allows you to customize more caching behaviors at the edge faster than ever before.
- We’ve had a growth spurt! Since the last Velocity, we’ve grown our global network by almost 50%!
- Added presence in South America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, China and India.
- And much, much more…
As the pioneer in DevOp-centric CDN, Velocity has always been a major conference for us. We believe that a better CDN offers more than just faster delivery; ours helps your operations teams work faster, smarter and more effectively, which is essentially what the conference is all about — helping operations become more agile.
Come see us at the show at Booth #501 and book a time to meet with our team to see what adding a better CDN can do for you.